Sunday, June 3, 2007

My brother Chris virtually...

Chris has lived in France for decades working as poet/playwright etc. Dashiel gave me these photos from a Christmas visit last year.
Firstly with Dashiel, my sisters youngest son, and with Chris's friend Louise, and then with another friend.
Dashiel, my brother Chris and his lady friend
Chris with a friend
Since this original post we learnt this week that Chris has had a myocardial infarction (heart attack) and was in intensive care over the weekend. We are waiting (June 19th) for the next update.
An update in July 2008, a year later is that he is heading for surgery as he is not well at all!
I was searching through some old paperwork and photographs today and found this torn photo of my brother Chris. Chris still lives in France, he has been a French citizen for many years now. He is poor health and it was nice to find him looking happy and well perhaps 25-30 years ago! He has been writing poetry and plays throughout the world ever since he left school. See this discussion of one of his plays which "Selling Ourselves for Dinner" which was commissioned for the Adelaide Festival in 1982
Christopher Barnett my brother

3 comments:

zephyr said...

Hi, I just googled chris barnett and was pleased to find some recent pics of chris who is an old friend of mine from many years ago in adelaide. i'm very sorry to hear of his heart attack.. how is he now? if you have contact with him please remember me to him and send my love.. julie adams.

Stephen Michael Barnett said...

12 months later,Chris is still unwell, having had more heart and other problems and is waiting for surgery.

Anonymous said...

Is Chris OK? i had a vivid dream of him last night.. and he was wearing new white leathers.
joollee